CEG VST stock reassessment with updated buy zones

CEG VST Stock Reassessment: What I’m Doing Next — October 7, 2026

CEG and VST moved fast.

I established both positions during the recent weakness.

About a week later, CEG is up roughly 11% from my average entry.

VST is up roughly 14% in eight days.

That sounds like a win.

But that’s not really the interesting part.

The interesting part is what happens after the market starts agreeing with you.

Because now I have a different problem.

I liked CEG around $262.

I liked VST around $141.

Do I still like them after a double-digit move?

That requires another OODA loop.

What Changed?

Both companies received major nuclear-power catalysts.

Constellation Energy announced a major agreement with Google tied to thousands of megawatts of power and additional nuclear capacity.

Vistra received a conditional federal financing commitment of up to $4.2 billion for nuclear upgrades and capacity expansion.

That strengthens the thesis.

AI infrastructure, data centers and industrial expansion need enormous amounts of reliable electricity.

Nuclear power is increasingly part of that solution.

So fundamentally, I like the story more today than I did when I bought.

But there’s a catch.

The stocks cost more today too.

And a better company story does not automatically mean a better entry price.

CEG: The Position Worked. Now What?

CEG is trading around the low-$290s.

My approximate average entry was around $262.

That means I already own it near a price I would still consider attractive today.

So I’m not chasing it higher.

CEG Buy Zones

🔴 Above $320 — No New Buys / Trim Consideration

🟡 $290–$320 — Watch / Hold

🟢 $265–$290 — Starter

🟢🟢 $245–$265 — Accumulation

🔥 $225–$245 — High Conviction

⚡ Below $225 — Exceptional / Reassess

At roughly $291, CEG is sitting right around the edge of my Watch zone.

That doesn’t mean I suddenly dislike it.

It means the risk/reward for new money is not as attractive as it was near my entry.

My next CEG move

Hold.

Around $265–$275, I start paying closer attention.

Below roughly $265, I would seriously consider accumulating again if the thesis remains intact.

If CEG keeps going higher?

Fine.

I already own it.

VST: Same Story, Different Price

VST is trading around the low-$160s.

My approximate entry was around $141.

Again, I’m already positioned below the current market.

VST Buy Zones

🔴 Above $180 — No New Buys / Trim Consideration

🟡 $160–$180 — Watch / Hold

🟢 $145–$160 — Starter

🟢🟢 $132–$145 — Accumulation

🔥 $120–$132 — High Conviction

⚡ Below $120 — Exceptional / Reassess

At roughly $162, VST has moved into my Watch zone.

That means the stock can continue performing without me needing to add.

My next VST move

Hold.

Around $145–$150, I start getting interested again.

A move back into the $132–$145 accumulation zone would make the risk/reward much more attractive.

Again, assuming nothing fundamental has broken.

This Is Where People Get Tricked

A stock goes up.

The news gets better.

The thesis gets stronger.

Suddenly it feels safer to buy.

But often, the opposite is happening.

The uncertainty may be lower.

The price may also be much higher.

That’s why I separate:

Do I want to own the company?

from:

Do I want to buy the stock at this price?

Those are not the same question.

I still want exposure to CEG and VST.

I just don’t need more exposure badly enough to chase either one.

OODA

Observe

CEG and VST produced double-digit gains within roughly a week of my entries.

New nuclear-power catalysts strengthened the underlying thesis.

Orient

The businesses look better.

The entry prices do not.

Some of the good news has already been reflected in the stocks.

Decide

Keep the existing positions.

Do not add simply because the stocks are working.

Act

CEG around $291: Hold

Potential add area: $265–$275

Accumulation area: $245–$265

VST around $162: Hold

Potential add area: $145–$150

Accumulation area: $132–$145

If they keep running, I participate.

If they pull back, I know where I want more.

That is the point of having the plan before the emotion shows up.

Bottom Line

CEG and VST worked faster than I expected.

That doesn’t mean I need to do something.

Sometimes the correct next move is simply:

Nothing.

Hold the position.

Keep the cash.

Wait for the next discount.

The thesis tells me what I want to own.

The zones tell me what I’m willing to pay.

Cash is a position.

Don’t buy the dip.

Buy the discount.

Comments

No comments yet. Why don’t you start the discussion?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *